Thursday, April 14, 2011

Safety Freak...


Written Tuesday April 12, 2011

I had to go back to the Dr today, as the rash that I have been experiencing is making a resurgence in my life…Again, I am DONE!!  So this morning I wake up with all sorts of not feeling right in all sorts of places all over my body, my only desire is to get into a tub of water and plead with God for relief.  Unfortunately I am the only parental unit in the house, as my husband has gone to work already, so I get up with the boy and wait until his nap time to seek for watery relief.  As the time approaches I realize that yesterday morning my son pooped in my tub and I have to clean it before I can get in, as the new irritation kicks in I realize that my baby monitor is picking up someone else’s house…and guess what, some mom has her own poopy diaper to deal with.  With my daughter at school and my son asleep and my tub clean I slip into the deep comfort that only a hot bath can bring…I don’t know why this is the case, but it just is.  For some reason problems just don’t seem as big or as bad when you are laying in a hot bath.  I sat and listened to the silence contemplating what I could possibly be this allergic to, having already changed my body wash and laundry detergent. 

My wonderful husband took the children this afternoon and went to Chuck-E-Cheese with his mother, so I have had the afternoon to myself to go to the Dr and rest.  I woke up to go the Dr and he comes in and tells me that I have to be hyper-allergic to something that is still irritating my system, yeah, big surprise!  He said that it could be anything…even pollen outside.  OH GOOD NEWS!!!  I am allergic to the world!  Then he gave me another steroid and told me that if it doesn’t go away then I will have to see an allergist and get shots.  He upped my happy pill because of my stress and sent me on my way, back out into the world that I am apparently so allergic to.  I get home and my mother says may be we shouldn’t open the windows and let the fresh air in, and instead run the AC with the filter.  All of a sudden the episode of Spongebob Squarepants “Safety Freak” starts running through my head.  In this episode he gets hurt and determines that his “butt is not safe outside” anymore, and so locks himself in his house with a potato chip, penny, and used napkin.  He sings a song “I know of a place where you never get harmed.  A magical place, with magical charms.  Indoors, indoors, indoors!”.  I thought to myself “great, now I am gonna be one of those people.”
 
Updated Thursday April 14, 2011

I am proud to say that I got up today feeling much better, of course I am not sure if it is due to the steroids or the upped happy meds.  Either way I will happily take it, as my house is a MESS as I have been out of commission for a week and a half.  I cleaned thoroughly this morning both upstairs and down while my daughter was at school and got the trash cans to the curb before nightfall.  I am feeling rather proud of myself this evening, and really accomplished.  Tomorrow I am going to finally clean the toilet in our bathroom…you can imagine its state given my lack of cleaning it for 2 weeks!  I also came to discover that I have an appointment to have acrylics put on my nails tomorrow afternoon…I think the appointment was made while I was half-alive on the couch drugged up on Benadryl.  Oh well, I have been dying to get my nails done for months now so I will enjoy myself.  As far as my allergy goes, my husband and I have made the hard decision to save for the next few months in order to buy ourselves a new mattress.  We spent a long time wracking our brains over this and it is the only thing that we both have close contact with on a daily basis, and as we are both having the problem, it seems the only solution at this point.  I have resigned myself that it won’t work, but hey, it’s worth a try!  

No comments:

Post a Comment