Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Recent Joy...

I have very recently discovered that Rose Art is making custom vinyl toys…I have been searching for affordable blanks for some time now, this excites me greatly and I have found a new joy in doing these.  It took me months to figure out what to start with…and I have like 4 more blanks that I haven’t even contemplated yet.  The first one I did was of Sonic the Hedgehog, now if you have looked at my deviantart you realize that I have never done a Sonic before, this is very true.  I never played the Genesis game system, I was and still am a Nintendo girl all the way, but my husband on the other hand didn’t play the Nintendo until he was introduced to Dragon Warrior 4.  He and his brother played Genesis and especially Sonic the Hedgehog, we still have one in the garage in the original box.  Anyway, I started with Sonic mostly because the blank just lent itself to him from the moment I saw it. 

Sonic the Hedgehog for my sweet husband who loved it!!

For the next blank I had I decided to go with someone that I love and have always loved, Lion-o from the Thundercats.  The Thundercats was my absolute favorite cartoon of all time, and going to Comic-con this year right before the new cartoon is due out excites me to no end!!  When I was in the 2nd grade I dressed up as Lion-o for Halloween that year…hair and all!!  Gosh I just loved that!!  So yeah, my next one was him, and I think it turned out pretty good.  I do have to refine the method somewhat…the stroke of the marker is showing way more than I would like.  I see the problem comes in mostly when I have to use something other than a sharpie…like on Sonic I had to use a Marks-a lot marker for his tan bits because sharpie doesn’t make a tan that satisfied my desired color.  The Sharpie markers are far superior to the Marks-a lot, just simply because of the consistency of color. 

But, onto the tougher decision…what to do next?!  I definitely want to do a Mario out of either the block head or the round head.  But should I do a Luigi or not…or something else that I haven’t even thought of yet?  This, I think, is the difficulty in dealing with stress…I am having great difficulty making decisions…especially the small and relatively insignificant ones.  The big decisions are easy…to take the child to the dr or not…to go to the dr myself or not…you know, those life altering decisions are the easy ones.  When we go to Legoland or when Ryane takes his vacation, easy!  What shirt to put on in the morning…what to eat, impossible!!  Suggestions in all forms are welcome…I probably won’t do them, but I like to hear them none the less!!

No comments:

Post a Comment