Saturday, December 1, 2012

Halloween and the events that followed…



For our family holidays tend to have a really horrible side to them…not to say all of them are bad, but I can’t say that they are all “happy times and noodle salad” either.  This Halloween followed that same tradition, and I am getting really done at this point.
Halloween morning Stinky Sox, our cat, came up missing…worry ensued as he was black and it was Halloween.  He never did return, and the day after my daughter’s birthday I found his for-paw in the park…that was 3 to 4 days later.  Then a couple days after that a neighbor a couple houses up from us found his collar and tag in her front yard by the water box…in a rock yard.  We went that way and had the kids trick or treat at her house on Halloween night and didn’t see it then…all of these things added up mean that we have some type of monster in our neighborhood, and I think it is the 2 footed kind.  Our neighborhood is suspiciously devoid of any cats…and now I know why.  The one thing I am grateful for is that my daughter, who misses her Stinky Sox terribly, didn’t see the paw.
Other than that blight Halloween went well…I had let my son’s hair grow out since the beginning of June so that he could be Thor, actually perfect given his Swedish heritage and his strawberry blonde hair.  All that time paid off beautifully, as he was a perfect Thor!  My little girl picked out a butterfly costume when we went to the store and dang she is adorable.  They had a fantastic time trick or treating and got quite a haul.
A couple of days later my baby girl turned 6 years old and got a Barbie scooter with light up wheels!  Happy girl which made me a happy mom!  And at the same time she also had her very first loose tooth which made her even happier, which at this time has been pulled out and the tooth fairy left her a dollar bill.  Which I hope is a reasonable amount given that this tooth fairy can’t afford anymore than that.
So there it is…here’s to Halloween and the Tooth Fairy…and here’s to you Stinky, may you be waiting for Dad when he gets there.  And off I go to pray that Thanksgiving comes and goes and I don’t remember any of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment