Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Knott’s, Easter, & Legoland in 5 days…


My Angie’s birthday was in March, and I promised her that I would take her to Knott’s Berry Farm.  So on the 21st of April my husband was off work and we decided that was the day we were going…silly us for believing that it would be a relatively uneventful day here at home while we were gone.  While we were riding rides and shopping, my sister and my brother showed up at the house without anyone knowing about it happening.  So here I was in Buena Park, getting phone calls and what not from home about the happenings here…needless to say my husband had a hard day with the kids and my relatives.  The good news is that Angie and I had a fantastic time riding rides and shopping for things we didn’t need.  We rode the Silver Bullet 3 times, and I would just like to say that it is the best coaster I have ever been on!!!   

My husband took me for our anniversary last year, and at that time it was the first suspended roller coaster that I had ever ridden on, and I was having the time of my life while he was getting sicker and sicker.  Angie convinced me to go on what I call the “Firey Fist-O-Pain” (from Spongebob)…I think it is actually called the Xcellerator.  I don’t like the feeling of falling, and this thing goes up in to the clouds and then comes straight down, by the time we got back to the start point I had almost broke a nail because I was holding on so tight.  It was horrible and I don’t ever want to experience that again…I want a shirt that says “I survived the Firey Fist-O-Pain”.   

We did not ride GhostRider…but let me tell you why!  When my husband took me last year I rode this most nerve wracking ride by myself as my husband was looking a little green by this point.  I had to take a pain pill after I got off as my head was just pounding because of the shaking!  I came home and told my dad that he would have had to stow his teeth on that because it would have shaken them right out of his mouth!  It was wretched!  I firmly believe that is the reason they don’t make wooden roller coasters anymore.  One of the last rides we went on was the Timber Mountain Log Ride…I was in the very front and we got the leaky boat!  When we went down the drop at the end all the water went down to the front end of the log…where my feet were and made a giant puddle.  I can’t like it soggy socks!!   

We did have a fantastic time shopping though, and for the first time in my life had a funnel cake.  Now I know why my husband loves them so much, wow that was good!!  


 I bought my husband the biggest Snoopy he has ever had, which we buckled into Casey’s seat for the ride home, and I got myself a new sweatshirt.  It took us 3 hours to get home, but we had a grand time while we were there.

A few days later Easter arrived, and the Easter Bunny brought small buckets of treats for the kids…my mother-in-law however buys tons of candy, I am pretty sure she is trying to make us all fat.  We did an Easter egg hunt in the backyard for the kids on Saturday…they had a fantastic time finding eggs, and Ryan walked around with one in each hand having the time of his life.  We got them open and soon jelly beans were everywhere…I had to contain them in baggies for them and me!  Then we got them all dressed up and did Easter pictures before going to McDonalds for lunch.   




I woke Easter morning to that grass crap spread all over my kitchen and living room…I really wish that someone would come up with something else that does the same thing!  My mother-in-law bought edible Easter grass this year…but it was hardly edible, as it tasted like plastic.  My husband had to work Easter this year because everyone and their monkey’s uncle asked for the day off…so we were at church without him.  A lovely day anyway, as it was his last work day before his vacation started.

Then came Monday where we went to Legoland with our good friend Matt.  The kids had a fantastic time playing in the water…my son was putting his face in the water fountains.  He did discover that water up the nose was not the most pleasant experience.  We also had the opportunity to see the new Star Wars Miniland, which was absolutely amazing!  That alone was worth the sunburn I got and the exhaustion I felt when I got home.    





 All credit for the pictures goes to Special Moments Photography
http://special-moments-photography.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment