Friday, May 13, 2011

Recent Projects


First I have to say that my husband was very recently on vacation…I was supposed to get a lot done…some got done and some didn’t.  I had my father build some things for me and they did get painted and placed.  The first is a shelf set up for under our tv upstairs, as the old set up was driving me bonkers!  I had electronics piled on more electronics and stuff was starting to not work as it didn’t like being piled on.  We have a tivo, bluray, dvd, surround sound setup, xbox, xbox 360, hd player, gamecube, jaguar, and 2 to 3 selectors.  So we needed something more organized and that looked nicer, and I think we accomplished that!!

The other thing I had my father build is a shelf for the shoes that end up in a pile behind our front door…also driving me nuts!  Now it looks so much better and I love it!  The shoes are no longer piled and may be the dog will stop untying my shoes!

I also made a special bag for my mother for Mother’s Day this year…and I have been sewing my fingers to the bone to get it done.  It is a family tree, each of the colored branches represent one of her children, and each button on the branch represent their children and her grandchildren.  My parents have 22 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild on the way.  There is no other way to sew buttons on, so my fingers are almost raw!  She saw it and cried…mission accomplished! 

With my working in buttons, I have also been making button flowers…I love these so much that I asked my husband to get me a gift card to Jo-Annes for Mother’s Day so that I could get more buttons to make more flowers.  I love buttons so much!!  Apparently when I was very young my mother brought me home a bag of buttons from a second hand store in Salt Lake, and I carried them around in a little suitcase.  I have always loved buttons!! 

So this is what I have been doing lately…I have also recently discovered that they make Hello Kitty Duct Tape.  I have been searching high and low for this stuff, and I have decided that I will just have to buy it on Target.com…6 rolls for $33.  I guess I will find something to do with 6 rolls of Hello Kitty Duct Tape…this is a challenge I am up to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment