Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Boy Part 2



 This is our pink panther block...he is hot pink vinyl.
 This on has rick rack sewn all over, then I glued googly eyes on them to give personality
 This was the first part put together...Mom spent a whole lot of time telling me everything we should have done...
 The master at work...with her it truly is the "touch of the Master's hand".  She made my jumbled mess of an idea into a quilt for my boy.
 This is the top corner...block of 4.
 This was when we got the top put together
 The master at work again...sewing the top to the bottom, which was satin, so there was a lot of her saying "rats!".  That is how I know when something hasn't gone well...I hear mom say "RATS!" a lot.  The material was super squirrly though.
 This was when we had front sewn to back, and laid out to trim the edges so that they could be turned and sewn.
 ALL DONE!!!
"Is this for me?"
 "It IS for me...
...and I just love the way it feels on my feet!!"


So there it is all done, Mom kept saying that it wasn't going to work and that we should have planned it better...I just kept telling her that we would just make it work and that he wouldn't care if the stitches weren't perfect.  She did a lot of muttering and she did stick her tongue out at me a whole lot, but in the end she liked it and so did he.  I throw it out on the floor for him and he walks on it a lot...he likes to feel things with his feet...and on occasion he plops himself down to feel it with his hands and his head.

Happy 1st Birthday my son!!

No comments:

Post a Comment