Saturday, March 5, 2011

Did you know that little boys have butt-tags?


I know you are all going “gosh…this lady is obsessed with butt-tags!”…well I am not!  I just notice things and very often find them amusing…it could be the result of being trained in psychology to observe things…or the result of a deranged mind, you choose.  Anyway, recently my young boy turned 1 year old and so started using the next size of clothes that my mother-in-law bought for him like 6 months ago.  She buys my kids cloths all the time…my son has so many outfits that it takes me 2 weeks to cycle through them, and my daughter has like 10 different dresses.  My son has a long body and short legs, so I am left having to roll his pants so that they fit and I tried rolling the pant legs up, it just doesn’t work!  They end up coming un-rolled and he manages to get his pants off by stepping on the bottom of them.  My solution:  Roll the waistband instead!  This resulted in the tag on the pants showing on his butt, and this is both highly amusing and quite delightful for me.  I almost look forward to the days that he wears those clothes, so that I can see him toddling about with his butt tag hanging out…it never fails to bring a smile to my face!  You should have seen me chasing him about the house trying to get “just the right” picture of him and his tag.  My husband at one point says “what are you doing?!?”…I looked over at him and he is looking at me like I am doing the silly dance or something.  I looked back at him and said “I am taking a picture of our son, see, I have a camera!”…only a day or so later did I fully comprehend how stupid I must of looked chasing our 1 year old around with the camera trying to take a picture of his butt.  It just seemed so logical to me at the time, I didn’t even think of how someone else, who had no idea what I was trying to capture, would see me.  Wow…note to self:  think about these things before doing something stupid in public! 

Back to the butt tag…I am left wondering if only boys can have butt tags, because I never would have conceived of my daughter walking around with a tag hanging from her butt.  It almost would have been undignified, and wrong.  But my son is just so cute with one…I wonder if this would always be the case with little boys…may be it is their gift to pull them off.  I am beginning to believe that boys clothes should come with an optional butt tag, just in case this would make other mothers smile as much as it does me.  I also think that it should be labeled “this end down”, for the father’s sake…especially since clothes are so rarely put on properly when mom is not available for questioning or instructional information.  So I am thinking these would be both cute and functional…a win win situation!!  Now I wonder if I could convince children’s clothing companies that it is worth their investment…hhmmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment