Thursday, July 5, 2012

June


 This month is heinously busy for my family…every single year!  My birthday, my dad’s birthday, father’s day, more birthdays, and an anniversary…right now add in my uncle visiting from Montana for a week, party at my house for said uncle and dad’s birthday, visiting teaching conference on the same day, my husband’s vacation, and Legoland.  All of this adding equals a mom trudging around the house making ewok-like growling sounds and talking to herself.
 So let us begin at my birthday, I got some things I have been wanting for some time now…like Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 on the 360.  Yay!!  I sat down that evening after having a grand day to play my game, I pop it in and sit down expectantly with controller in hand…what do I see?  NOT Harry Potter…instead I see 1 (only 1) red ring of death.  I take the disk out and it boots up fine…I send my husband to get a new disk as this one is obviously defective…still nothing.  I spend an hour on the internet only to discover that I am not the only one having this difficulty...this means I have to call those Xbox people!  And the growling begins.  I spent the rest of the evening looking at wholesale places that sell vending machine capsules to put in my very own GUMBALL MACHINE!!  Angie bought it at a yard sale for me…and I now have happiness sitting in the living room of my home!  It needs some improvements and minor repairs but it vends great, and it is all mine!!  I also got the new Thundercats cartoon on DVD, and a large gift card from our best friend…all this almost makes up for the fact that I can’t play my game!
 The day after my birthday my uncle Henry arrives just as I am leaving to have my nails done.  We didn’t expect him until later in the afternoon, that’s when he says that he left St George at 4:30 that morning…and it was just after 9 am.  Once I got over the initial shock of my 75 year old uncle driving from St George to San Jacinto in 5 hours, I realize that he is not as tall as I remember him being.  So for a week there was a lot of gun and car talk in my house…he got along great with Matt, who would stop in to use the facilities, grab an energy drink, and talk guns before heading back to work to finish his charts.  On Saturday we had a party…which meant I had to get up early to make the salad, then rush off to the visiting teaching conference, hang around long enough to do my part and get insulted, then hurry home to find my house full of people.
 The week following this insanity is my husband’s vacation.  I love my husband and I love having him around, but his vacations mean that I don’t get anything done in the house…for an entire week.  Which means; I didn’t clean any room, I didn’t vacuum any floor, I didn’t clean either of the toilets, and the laundry was nothing short of a nightmare!  My husband took me to Legoland for the day on Tuesday, without the children…yay for me!!  We were planning on going to the water park, because it was like 100 degrees here…we get to Carlsbad and it is sprinkling.  Then I realize that I didn’t bring a jacket or pants…so after going on the bionicle ride and eating lunch, we go back to the big store and buy me a jacket.  I didn’t find any Lord of the Rings keychains, but I did get a Wonder Woman one!  On the way home we stopped at Fry’s in San Marcos, and wandered gleefully for an hour.
 One of the purchases we made at Fry’s was a Magic Jack…so we could use our internet connection to dial out because we don’t have a phone line to the house…and this irritates Directv something fierce.  We have older tivo boxes which we love, but Directv has decided in their infinite wisdom to take all the local channels from us, and won’t give them back until we connect the boxes to a phone line.  We buy the Magic Jack thinking this will solve our problem…only to discover that they don’t support satellite boxes calling out to update…we contend that they should put that on the damn packaging, cause now we are out $30!  By the time the day was over my growl was starting to have words and they weren’t nice words.
 We did a variety of things the rest of the week, all the while my growling and irritableness was increasing in direct correlation with the way the upstairs piles of crap were increasing.  Things just kept getting worse and worse and higher and higher until I ended up with a migraine to go with the antibiotics that were making me sick.  When Monday of the following week rolled around I vowed to un-pile the upstairs and make it habitable again…which I have managed to accomplish.
 The following week brought a Doctor change, and its associated headaches, and joy of all joys, my stomach has stopped processing food…yes, all food.  I discover this on Sunday when I throw up everything I have eaten for more than 24 hours and nothing is digested…oh gosh this is fun!  Matt puts me on a liquid diet to get me through until I can see him on Monday, when our insurance company says it is alright.  Mean-while he texts every night to ask if I have thrown up that day.  I have discovered that the worst thing about a liquid diet is that you feel like you are drowning constantly and you are weak and light-headed all the time.  But, I refuse to allow this house to become piled the way it was a couple of weeks ago…so if I don’t do anything else but sit, I will at least get my cleaning done!  I have never been so grateful for the cleaning schedule that I have set up for myself!
 Here I sit at the end of another month, hoping that next month will be better…because even if we have nothing else, we always have hope.  Here’s to hope and the comfort that it can bring.  Because I have no idea how Matt is going to make this better, but in the end it doesn’t matter because I have faith and hope!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a month it was for you! I hope you feel better soon. And what do you mean about getting insulted? I thought your part in the VT conference was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets just say there was a lady who made snide comments about how I was dressed.

    ReplyDelete